As a normal laptop battery; you can work on it for maximum 2 to 2.5 hours with a fully charged laptop battery. So to solve this problem, laptop manufacturers have developed something known as an external laptop battery. Now this battery can definitely increase your laptop's usage time, but how long will it last?
The lifespan of any laptop battery depends on the type of battery and its capacity. The higher the capacity, the higher the lifespan. And it also varies from brand to brand. More expensive laptop batteries are known to have a lifespan of 7 to 10 hours while the less expensive ones will shell out a couple of hours of battery life.
Most good quality laptop batteries will perform well up to 1000 charge-discharge cycles before its time to dispose of them. But you can follow new tips to increase its lifespan:
1. Using the laptop continuously will increase the temperature inside the machine which reduces battery life. So it's advisable to give your laptop some rest, at least to cool it off.
2. Reduce the brightness of the monitor. High level of brightness will significantly decrease laptop battery life. At the same time decrease the screen resolution and color depth. It does not take long to change these settings on your computer.
3. Turn off all unused device attached to your laptop such as speakers, headphones, etc.
4. Disable start up items. This will reduce the usage of virtual memory which will result in increasing the lifespan of your laptop battery.
5. Use your laptop as needed and avoid over-usage. This will significantly increase battery life.
All rechargeable laptop batteries die out sooner or later, depending on the usage. But by following the above mentioned tips you are sure to increase your battery life to a great extent. It's always advisable to keep a spare laptop battery handy in case the one in use becomes obsolete.